Sunday, March 14, 2010

Finally Posting!

I have been wanting to post for a while and am just getting to it. Its so hard to believe how fast time flies! My son will be a year old next month! It seems like just yesterday that he was born. He is now crawling, cruising and standing up without holding on to anything. He says mama and dada and his sitter swears he can say his own name! He is a fantastic kid and a ton of fun. The weather is great here in LA so we have been outdoors a lot. My son got in a swing for the first time a few weeks ago and he absolutely loves it! Check him out:

Photobucket

Other than enjoying my family, I have still been on my quest to obtain my master's degree. If I remain focused, I will be finished by the end of the summer. The program has been amazing so far, though I did lose focus the first 8 months of my son's life! I am finally back on track, though its still tough.

In the midst of all this, I am still trying to craft. I just don't want to stop doing the things I really enjoy doing. SO I stay up late or get up early to craft when I can find the time. I am really enjoying sewing right now. I have taken four classes at the Knit Sewing club in Culver City. For the longest I thought this place was some sort of hybrid knitting-sewing group. But its really about sewing with knit fabrics on sergers. I am so excited to be learning so much in these classes. Its a Japanese based company and apparently they have 250 clubs in Tokyo. We have four in SoCal. Each class is 2-3 hours long and you complete a garment in each class. I have made 2 skirts, one pair of pants and one top. The patterns are very basic but you learn a different skill on each garment. I am so excited to be honing my skills. I will have to get my husband to help me with a photo shoot so I can showcase my work. For now I have a picture of the quilt I am working on.I don't really have a pattern, just making it up as I go along.

Photobucket

I got these Moda Charm Packs from Fabric Mart. The quilt is so far from perfect but it will be perfect for me!

No comments: