Sunday, July 11, 2010

cooking and quilting

Today, I spent most of the day with my little family. We enjoyed going to the local farmers market this morning because we had an evening service today at Church. After the market we came home and while I cooked for the week, my husband watched the baby and washed 3 loads of clothes.

I had a marathon cooking event in my kitchen. I try to cook a few things we can eat throughout the week on the weekend so I don't have to worry about it through the week. This weekend I made:

beef stew
rice
pasta sauce
beans from scratch
squash/potato soup and

this:
Cookie Sheet Chocolate Bars

I am planning on taking a nice portion of these to my bible study group this week. The turned out great! See:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love the Mennonite Girls Can Cook site. They really can! I have made 3 of their recipes so far. All have been hits!

I have not quilted this weekend but I did a lot before I left for my vacation. Here is a sneek peek of my next crazy shortcut quilt:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are some closeup shots of the decorative stitches I am using for the quilting.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I love the little hearts!

Finally, I will leave you with some cuteness!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anneliese said...

Your chocolate bars look great! I'm so glad!

Cas... said...

Your chocolate bars look good. I don't even like stuff like that! LOL!

Cool stitches on your quilt! Looks like it's coming along nicely.

Your son is totally adorable.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I hope you do write out your bucket list. It's fun to check off the many things you want to do.

Karen S said...

Hi Kim! You have a fun blog -- I like your cooking and the stitches you're using are very cool. But your son is absolutely adorable!

Thanks for commenting on my blog.