Sunday, March 22, 2009

Craft Day!

Well, I have been so busy lately, studying, writng a paper and preparing for our adoption. I have not had much time to craft at all. So, I decided that this weekend, I would craft all day long ( while washing 4 loads of clothes, of course!). My husband had to work ( on a Saturday, no less!) so I had the place all to myself. Our place is not that big so it was nice to be able to spread out and not get in his way. So I was able to make a dress. Its not quite finished because of course, I made plenty of booboos.

This is the pattern:
Butterick B5040

b5040

I am making view B. I still need to put the bands on the sleeves and put the hem in. But overall, I like it. Looks better on Me that on my twin.


Photobucket

And speaking of my twin, I got her from HSN last year. I just took her out of the box yesterdy. I really like having a dress form. HSN is so great because they have the easy pay option so that you can sort of pay a little per month until its paid for. I also got a serger this way ( which I have to learn how to use soon!)

I was given a lot of Jo Ann's Fabrics gift cards for my birthday in December. I have great friends! I was able to put them all together and purchase this at the After Christmas sale:



The best sewing table ever. It opens up on both sides and offers a pretty big work space. So much better than cutting on the floor!.

So, I had a great day, at home, doing my sewing thing. Hopefully, I will finish the dress today and take a picture of me wearing it!

5 comments:

Cas... said...

Cool cutting table. I love the storage underneath. Good buy!

Now the pattern I have too. I want to make it soon but I don't know how soon! LOL!

Good for you on taking a sewing day. Great idea!

Dianne said...

Love that sewing table. Love it to pieces!!! LOVE IT!

Renee said...

Thanks for the nice comment about my Chuva pattern!

SEWING SHAY said...

That is a great table, I have a simailar table but mine doesn't havet the storage space.

Sheila said...

The dress looks great. Did you use your serger to do the seams, they are great for knits.

Glad you are enjoying your sewing table.