Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Giving up On Socks! Somebody Help Me!

So, I have some sock yarn and some tiny tiny dpns. If you have read my profile you know that I am 41.5 years old. I started wearing bifocals about 3 years ago. I have tried and tried to make socks on these tiny tiny needles. I just cannot do it. My fingers are too big and my eyes are too bad! So, I am going to give up unless someone out there can suggest something for me. I need a doable sock project for those with weak, old eyes that can be done on larger needles. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Virtuous said...

I would recommend "Fuzzy Feet" on Knitty.com. You make them big and then you felt them to shrink. They keep your feet toasty!

Here is the link:
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter02/PATTfuzzyfeet.html

I hope this helps!

Milly said...

Try circulars in size 2 that is still an acceptable sock size. It is a little easier. I have bifocals as well and find these work for me. Also I like the circs so my stitches aren't slipping off the back while I concentrate on the workign stitches.

NH Knitting Mama said...

This may sound nuts, but I have trifocals and I'm 31. That third field of vision really helps a lot!

Otherwise, I don't have a lot of suggestion for you - I'm sorry!