Friday, July 29, 2011

Farmer's Wife Friday!

Well, I have jumped into the fray of the farmers wife craze!  Check out my first two blocks:

Photobucket


The basket weave block came out a bit wonky. Both are paper pieced.  I am planning to paper piece all of the blocks. This is my first time paper piecing and I like it so far!

The Long Beach Quilt Festival is happening now and I took the day off work to go down to enjoy my first ever quilt show.  I got a few fun items and saw some beautiful quilts. 





This one was made by a seven year old girl with ad/hd.  She is a part of the only childrens quilting guild in soCal.

Photobucket

This one was made by a 12 year old boy from the same guild:



Photobucket

Just amazing.  I really really enjoyed the show. The market place was sooooo crowded.  I got to try out the Elna 720 and viewed some Janomes as well.  I confirmed with the Janome guy that my kenmore is indeed a Janome!  I ordered some feet for my Kenmore machine and they arrived in a Janome box, so that was my first clue.

I loved the elna and I plan to save toward an upgrade for about a year and hopefully, when the show rolls around next year I will be able to purchase a dream machine at the show. They have great deals!

Thats all for now.  I will be back for WIP Wednesday next week, I hope!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I was there too! You highlighted some quilts that I did note get a chance to see - thank you. Did you see the Stitched documentary?